Your Ad Here

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A (Lemon) Twist on the NCAA Tournament

Yes, I realize I am a few days and a couple rounds late to the Big Dance.  In all honesty, I've been watching, and reading, and listening about the brackets, the missed calls and crazy upsets. And all the while, I've been wondering -- what kind of drink should I make to watch these games?  Maybe it was the mention of "rounds" so many times, but, inevitably the NCAA tournament makes me thirsty.

 

So would my drink choice be ranked above someone else's choice?  And then I thought some more... brackets!

 

What would the Final Four of Cocktails be?
Well, on first thought, it's easy to break them down into mixed drink, wine, beer and spirit.  Or maybe we could pit vodka, gin, rum and tequila against each other and see which is the last one is standing.  And, I probably need to recruit some opinion givers.  Yeah, that should be hard...

 

Who knows- maybe an underdog like Florida State would win out (to me, the equivalent would be a Tequila Sunset - not one that surfaces much, but when it does, to a very specific fan frenzy) over the usually popular choice (like the Margarita? Am I saying Texas A&M’s drink of choice is a margarita? Hmm. I wonder how they would react to that). 

 

Or maybe a last-minute surge of votes would push a drink to claim the title (just like when Morehead State’s Demonte Harper buried a 3-pointer with 6 seconds left for an upset win over 4th seeded Louisville).

 

We'll see.  The mechanics are yet to be worked out.  Kind of like Kansas in the first half against Boston University in the first round.  Yet, to my dismay (alma mater), they picked it up and handily won against the Terriers.  But just because that 16th seed couldn't unseat a number-1, doesn't mean that a Cinderella Cocktail can't win out over a Past Champion.

 

Next up: the brackets  and the rules of this Tournament of Tastes. Be sure to check back once the rankings are up, and start your voting.

 

  

 

 

 

 

Basketball

 

Photo courtesy of www.schneiderdowns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment